Board Book Classic - "Rooster's Off To See The World"
This board book of Eric Carle's charming story about a rooster setting off to see the world takes young children on a journey of discovery while instilling the thoughtful message of "there's no place like home". Using colorful collage illustrations and simple text, this mini book edition provides an introduction to the meaning of numbers, number sets and addition within the context of an entertaining story. As Rooster begins his travels, he is soon joined by two cats, three frogs, four turtles and five fish. When night falls, the rooster’s friends find he has made no provisions for their food or shelter and, disappointed, they abandon the expedition - once again in sets of five, four, three, and two, but this time in a declining series. Finally the rooster, too, decides that he has seen enough of the world and that he is, in fact, a little bit homesick. Perfect classroom story for children ready to begin to think mathematically will find additional pleasures in the opportunities presented in the text, the pictures and the diagrams for learning basic arithmetic concepts.
- One fine morning, a rooster decided he wanted to travel and Eric Carle takes readers on this delightful journey that introduces math in a visual way
- Board book format consisting of 26 sturdy pages of simple text and colorful collage illustrations
- Text, pictures and diagrams help children to think mathematically and learn basic arithmetic concepts
- Lexile measure: 510L
- Book dimensions are 5 x 0.6 x 7 inches
- Perfect for reading ages 2 - 5 years
Why Choose Us
What Makes Constructive Playthings Better?
We believe in Learning through Play!
Share your play time with us! @ConstructivePlaythings